Saturday, February 21, 2009

Looting Korthos Village

There are some really cool end rewards in the new player experience we call Korthos. Today, I'll run through some of my favorite and not so favorite ones you'll be offered in the village. Since I want this to be fun, I think I'll start by having my toons share their fave items...

Carrokosan: Since I've just been re-rolled (again....sigh), I'll start. My absolute favorite of the Korthos village end rewards would have to be the Bracers of Assistance. When you have them on and click on their icon on your hotbar, they cast Aid on you. This lasts for a couple of minutes. What it does is give you extra hit points. I don't know how it's figured, but I get +11 at lower levels and more at higher levels.
Player: It's 8 + 1 per caster level (max level 10) temporary hit points, but that kind of talk makes my head start to spin, so suffice it to say you get extra hp. It's 1 charge per day (per rest) and lasts 3 minutes per hit.
Carliee: Aid also gives you +1 morale bonuses on attack rolls and saves against fear. It's offered by Baldar the Bold in appreciation for protecting the crystal in the quest The Cannith Crystal.
Carrokosan: Extra help with attacks and not getting feared is a good thing. I tend to forget about the effects that aren't right in front of my face, don't I? Oh, well. What's your fave, Carliee?
Carliee: I like those bracers, too, but since I'm a bit squishy and can actually mem (memorize/take) Aid as one of my spells, I'm going to pick the belt that gives lesser false life. That's an extra 5 hitpoints as long as you're wearing it...no clicking necessary.
Roko: That's a good one, too. And, it's the Rugged Belt that is offered by Linus Weir for completing The Storehouse's Secret. I don't even remember what else he offers 'cause I wouldn't think of taking anything else.

The other village end rewards are, in my opinion, not so great. There are other bracers, which give protection agains certain types of hits and the Amulet of Inner Focus given for completing Heyton's Rest is ok and probably helps out in those first quests, but is quickly replaced once you get to the island. The other necklace she offers doesn't really do anything for me. That said, I do know fine players who choose these other items. These are simply my recommendations.

Roko: Personally, I really like having 3 sets of those bracers...

Most of what drops inside the quests is typical and it's value lies more in what kind of toon you're playing and your style of play. Of course, it's always nice to get a pot that will heal you up a bit.

Happy looting!

No comments:

Post a Comment