Sunday, February 8, 2009

Introduction

When I first started playing DDO, I totally sucked. I had only played one other MMO (Conquer Online ... did I really just admit that?). It was free and, well, not as nice as DDO. Like most gals who play the game, I was talked into it by the man in my life.

Well...my learning curve was excruciating. Those first days/weeks/months(?) were so frustrating there were times I felt like crying. These days I'm actually considered by some to be a pretty decent player (we won't talk about the others just yet). I've even ventured into the world of Permadeath (PD)!

First, let some of my toons/characters and I do a little introduction of ourselves and our blog. If you think that's too weird, you might want to go find a more serious blog.

Player (that's me): I'm feeling inspired to start a DDO blog.
Carliee (my PD Cleric/main): Why would you do a thing like that? Oh...I know...to write about all the fantastic things I do and the silly things my sisters do in the game. heehee...just make sure you mention that I'm the Queen.
Carrokosan (my PD monk): Oh, boy....you could really use a dose of humilty, you know, Carliee? Someone remarks her first day in the guild (mortalvoyage.com) that since she's the only (toon with a) girl (behind her) in the guild, that makes her the Mortal Queen and she gets all hoity toity. Do you see me running around boasting that I'm a princess? No way...
Player: Actually, I was thinking I'd write something that might help new players who are just starting out, like Phunk's wife, get the hang of the game with less frustration than I did or to, at least, see that they're not alone.
Trappers (second oldest living toon, she resides on Khyber): hmmmm....it might help their toons out, too. You should have seen my predecessors. Yikes! You think she sucked? Her toons were the worst builds ever! Wait...I'm starting to remember things I'm not sure I want shared publicly. It was so embarrassing being her toon back in those early days. She once made me drown myself 'cause she didn't know how to get me out of the marketplace. I was once issued a restraining order to keep me away from trolls and ogres in Stormcleave 'cause I kept dying. And....I was constantly getting lost!
Carliee: Uh...she still gets us lost, though she does say it's not as bad as it once was.
Carrokosan/Roko: And I was killed tonight when she made me take on a certain ogre at the end of The Kobold's New Ringleader. And, I'm a permie! Now I have to go through Korthos again. That restraining order sounds like an interesting...
Carliee: Don't whine to me about re-rolls! I've been re-rolled, what, 17 times??
Trappers: You think it's easy being resurrected a gazillion times? I feel like an old woman and I'm only 16!
Player: hmmmm....sounds like I've been kinda' rough on you gals. Please tell me you've had fun somewhere along the way...
Roko:
Oh, yeah. I really do love being a permie. It's super exciting at times and sometimes we even live through the excitement. That fight against those two bugbear brothers in Ringleader tonight was awesome! We really got them...
Trappers: I had some fun times. Those guys who issued the restraining order sure were funny. Thinking about it makes me wish you'd play me again soon.
Carliee: And me, I do love healing people and, yes, I love being the Queen of Mortals.
Player: So....a blog it is and you'll help me?
Player's toons: Absolutely!

Alright ... fasten your seatbelts and get ready for tales of and hints for living (and dying) in Stormreach!


No comments:

Post a Comment